Q. What would happen if the Earth stopped spinning?
My credo : #Improve
What would happen if the Earth stopped spinning?
Occurances of many changes which are as below pointwise :
- The wind would also cause unprecedented erosion to anything actually part of the Earth’s crust.
- The oceans would rise as gigantic tsunamis, and all water would move towards the poles.
- The spinning iron core in the center of the Earth would stop too. Without the spin, Earth’s protective magnetic field would be gone too. The Sun radioactive rays would automatically kill anything left.
- People on planes may initially survive the first few seconds.
- The speed of the wind—faster than the blast of an atomic bomb—would be so high that it would instantly start fires all around the planet.
- Killed by giganatic storms that will be ensue just then.
- On top of that, half of the Earth would be constantly exposed to the Sun, rising temperatures to levels that would kill most life on the surface. The other half of Earth would freeze.
- Since Earth rotation as you go to the poles, people very near the poles may survive. But only at first.
- Life on Earth wouldn’t be able to recover from this. Ever.
answered by pearljam
Asked in CategoryScience and Technology
Few years back, you may have imagined about robots dominating the world; a miniature helicopter capturing photos; or living in Mars. Imagination goes well with creation. We’re on our way. For hundreds of years, science has been doing studies and giving explanations to occurrences that go beyond the human imagination and understanding. Thus, theories are created.
For hundreds of years, technology has been doing a great job in industrialising the world. You step in the land of the first world countries and see for yourself how lifestyle has been advancing. Yet, theory is a theory until it’s proven; technology remains limited. You might wake up one day and see that sci-fi turns into reality. However, what happens next when the clock ticks to ‘Midnight’ and doomsday is for the universe?
- 34 views overall.
- Asked on