Q. How To Reset Asus Router To Default Factory Settings?
Maria is an active blogger
How To Reset Asus Router To Default Factory Settings?
If you do not remember the password of your router or are unable to access the internet. You can perform a full factory reset on your router to resolve the errors. When you perform the reset on your device, it wipes out all the current configurations of the router. The router password and username will be set back to factory default credentials to log in all your personalized settings would be deleted. A full factory reset is done, when you want the device to return to its original configuration. It will remove your current configuration and restore the router to its original settings. Let’s take a look at the processof how https://wiki-updates.com/how-can-i-reset-or-factory-reset-my-asus-router/. You may need to do this when there is some issue that needs to be resolved, which will eliminate the bugs and restore its proper working. Follow the steps mentioned below.
Steps to reset Asus router:
• Locate the reset button on your Arris router.
• Press and hold the button for 20 seconds.
• Make sure you press the button long enough, otherwise the router will only reboot and not perform a reset.
• Release the button and wait for the lights to turn back on. It may take some time.
Another way of resetting the router is through the web interface. Let’s have a look at the steps for the same.
• Login to your Arris router.
• Click on security and utilities.
• Go to default settings and chose the option to reset.
• Wait for a few minutes and the rest would be completed.
After completing the reset process, you would require to https://wiki-updates.com/how-can-i-log-in-to-asus-router/ to reconfigure the settings. The default credentials are not secure and therefore you must customize them. This avoids unwanted access to your account.
Make sure that an internet device is connected to the router. You can do so with the help of an Ethernet cable. Thereafter, follow the steps mentioned below.
Steps to login to Asus router:
• Open a web browser on a device connected to the router.
• Type the default IP address, 192.168.0.1 in the URL section of the browser.
• Press enter and you will be navigated to the login page.
• Enter the username and password in the given boxes.
• The default credentials of the router are as follows- username: admin, password: admin.
• Press enter and you will be navigated to the settings page of the router.
Thereafter, you can customize the credentials and other settings of the router. The login process helps you alter the settings according to your requirements. After the process is completed, click on save to apply the settings. Restart the router and then you can log in using the new credentials.
Asked in CategoryTips and tricks
There are a lot of tasks that we find difficult to perform and wish if there would be a trick to get it done easily. A simple trick to solve a mathematical problem or an easy tip to keep the fruits fresh may seem like a blessing in disguise. Although, the only way to learn something is by doing it, there's no shortcut to success. Tips and tricks can definitely cut down some time and efforts and turn hard work into smart work.
- 773 views overall.
- Asked on