Q. Who is Eligible for FPO?
Who is Eligible for FPO?
A Farmer Producer Organisation (FPO) is a type of organisation that is formed by farmers in India to improve their incomes and livelihoods. They pool their resources and expertise through it for livelihood. The eligibility criteria for forming an FPO are as follows:
• Farmer members: The primary members of an FPO must be farmers engaged in agricultural activities, either individually or collectively.
• Minimum number of members: A minimum of 10 farmers is required to form an FPO, and there is no upper limit on the number of members.
• Legal status: An FPO must be registered as a legal entity, either as a producer company, a cooperative society, or any other legal form recognised by the government.
• Objective: The primary objective of an FPO should be to enhance the income and livelihoods of its members through collective efforts.
• Activities: An FPO can engage in various activities, including production, procurement, processing, marketing, and value addition of agricultural produce.
• Geographical area: An FPO can operate in a specific geographical area, such as a village or a group of villages, or across a larger region.
• Ownership and control: The ownership and control of an FPO should remain with its farmer members, and they should have a say in the decision-making processes of the organisation.
Asked in CategoryBusiness
"Just do it", "Go further", "I'm lovin' it", "Think different", "Open Happiness".
Can you take a guess who owns these taglines? Basically, when you think of business, you consider something that people will surely remember. Business meets creativity, strategy, and vision. You can add more. A famous artist once said that business is the best art. It's creating money and jobs at the same time. Helping people and helping yourself is such a good cause.
Businesses in different varieties have been rising successfully nowadays. Business Process Outsourcing and other online jobs that are either home-based or office-based are just few of the many. In all these opportunities, you may consider to have your own business. Working hard for your dreams is far better than making somebody else's dream come true. It may take a while yet the profit is worth the risk.
- 7 views overall.
- Asked on